Monday, August 18, 2014

Nature at it's Best

I decided to take a little blogging hiatus over the last few weeks while starting my new job!!  That's right, I have a job as a outpatient pediatric rehab therapist in Santa Fe!  Just starting my 4th week and loving it.  Also, there is talk of making me full time between pediatric rehab and outpatient adult rehab which is perfect being that my dream was to do outpatient adult rehab or outpatient pediatrics and being able to experience both at the same time is a dream come true!  

Enough about my new job, I could go on and on about it all day.  I have recently picked up a new hobby....backpacking.  Yes, not a very glamorous hobby but it combines my love for hiking with my love for camping all rolled in to one experience.  Here are some photos from my recent backpacking trips....


Backpacking trip to Lake Katherine in the Pecos Wilderness.
This was by far the hardest hike I have ever done with or without the large backpack.  The elevation change was brutal, 8 miles of going up, up, up, and then strait up for the last 2 miles.  At least the hike out was all downhill...
 Lake located at ~12,000ft elevation under the peak of Santa Fe Baldy.
 Me and Chloe at the lake.

 Aspen Grove
 Horny Toad!  I have been looking everywhere for these guys, glad to finally find one.


My 2nd backpacking trip was to Spirit Lake also in the Pecos Wilderness.  
This hike was about 12 miles round trip and a much more enjoyable trail to hike with 50lbs on the back.  It was a lovely way to spend the weekend!

 Me and Zoey at the lake.


 Me and the hubs...I think he has his eyes closed.


Thanks for dropping by!



7 comments:

  1. Really gorgeous photo's .. I love the pic of the Aspen grove.

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a gorgeous area to spend the weekend. I love aspen groves, beautiful!

      Delete
  2. Wow.... awesome place to be!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats once again on your new job! Chloe and Zoey are ADORABLE as are you with you pigtails. Looked like a fab day!

    http://clothesbutnotquite.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! It was a fantastic day!!! I'm not sure how much Chloe and Zoey enjoyed backpacking...they loved the hike but seemed very confused when we stopped hiking and set up for the night. Other then that they did well, although, I could tell Chloe was sore for a few days after...20 miles in 2 days is a little much for a small dog!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the new job :) Nature is so beautiful. I need to get out more.
    www.ubetterwork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete