Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Cute with a Side of Hipster

Our cooler weather turned warm...again! 
While looking for something somewhat light to wear for the day I came across my Steve Madden Tapps that I picked up quite a while back.  They are cute little oxford shoes with a studded toe, and a great color that goes with just about anything.  Between the oxfords and my black rimmed glasses, I feel very hipster in this outfit.  I have never quite figured out what the definition of hipster is exactly...my brother says it is dressing your own unique way, but it seems like most self proclaimed "hipsters" wear skinny jeans/pants, black rimmed glasses, and cool shoes (whether they be Toms or oxford type shoes).  I have been called a hipster on a few occasions, just not completely sure why.  Anyone....feel free to correct me or tell me what a hipster really is!!!! 

Cardigan- Old Navy (similar)
Top- The Limited (similar bird print)
Pants- American Eagle (HERE)
Shoes- Steve Madden (HERE)
Necklace- eBay (HERE)
Rings- ASOS (similar)

My button down top has little birds all over it!!

Had some allergy eyes today, hence the glasses.





I actually got these prescription glasses FREE @ www.coastal.com
They tend to have really good Facebook offers on glasses.

29 comments:

  1. love your blouse and the necklace as well! xx

    http://fromprovince.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preciosa¡¡ http://dolcevirginia.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi thanks for following. Lovely pictures! (:
    I'm following you now.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look. The glasses really contribute to the "hipster" effect. I'll be getting some reading glasses soon so this look has me pretty excited about it!

    whattowearwithpandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so pretty in your glasses! I love the blouse + cardigan combo!
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh-dorable:)))! I know those allergy eyes all too well;)! Love this outfit girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that same blouse! I love it so much! It looks so pretty paired with the aqua/ teal/ whatever that color is called. Also, I like that you included a close up of the top!

    Kate @ A Journey in Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey!
    But this is a good kit!
    I follow your blog, there is no icon image, called Judit Törtei.
    I like your blog!
    Great pictures!
    I like the cardigan too!
    Nice color!
    Reputation of the Facebook page and wrote entries!

    My Homepage is: http://potyszepsegblog.blogspot.hu/
    Welcome. Judith

    ReplyDelete
  9. This outfit is so adorable - I love your blouse! I can't live without my skinnies or TOMS! But I don't like to think of myself as a hipster. Anyway, you have a really lovely blog and I have followed you! Gorgeous sense of style. There's a new post up on my blog right now and I'd love to hear your thoughts on it, so feel free to stop by! :) x

    Happy Halloween!

    Love, Fatima (fashionpilgrim)
    Twitter: @fashpilgrim
    Instagram: @fashionpilgrim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice cardi <3
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely look! Nice blog!
    Would you like to visit mine and if you like it we could follow each other?

    xx Karolina

    Caramode Blog - Bloglovin - Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following me, just followed you back!
      Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  12. Perfect outfit!! Kisses!!



    http://greatstyling.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  13. Game can you apply?
    Thanks for the back up!

    http://potyszepsegblog.blogspot.hu/2012/10/jatek-game.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing post!

    Absolutely loving this :)

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty! Love your bright cardigan :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look stunning! This outfit is so cute! I'm obsessing over your shoes...they are so fantastic! I'm your newest follower xx

    Twenties Girl Style

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is such a pretty color on you, I love it!!
    Myfashionatelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the Outfit ,looks gorgeous! The Cardigan have a amazing Colour ,love it :)

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  19. aww thanks! lovely look. <3 xx

    http://day-dreameer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your top is so cute with the birdies! And love the glasses on you hun. Very cute! ;)

    xo - Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com

    Enter My Naked Palette Giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These photos are so cute! Loving your 'hipster' ensemble!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute!

    www.stitcheswithoutriches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete